Last weekend I had the fun task of helping out during WIBI‘s studio photoshoot. My brother, Nik Benn, (you may remember his face here?) was the photographer, while I ran around documenting all of the behind-the-scenes antics.
Be sure to watch his website for the complete photo series in the upcoming weeks. They are going to be amazing!
A small outtake from an editorial photoshoot I did recently for PAWSH Magazine No.6, called “That Fuzzy Feeling.” Be sure to take a peek at the new PAWSH cover here! More from this photo session very soon!
As soon as the slightest chill lingers on the air I experience a secret thrill. Soup making season has at last arrived! My personal favourite homemade soup is Chipotle Squash — the thick richness of vibrant yellow squash coupled with the peppery notes of spice are enough to drive me wild with anticipation. The best part, of course, is that this soup is ridiculously easy to make. Here’s how:
The Things You Need
1 butternut squash
2-3 small sweet potatoes
1 white onion
2 sticks of celery (optional)
3 medium carrots
2 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups of water
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup of cream (optional)
2 tsp chipotle pepper
What You Need To Do
1. Dice squash, sweet potatoes, celery, carrots and onion.
2. In a large deep pan melt butter and gently saute vegetables together until onion is tender.
3. Slowly add in the broth and water until vegetables are completely covered.
4. Leave to simmer for about an hour until vegetables are soft.
5. Stir in cream if desired and chipotle pepper.
6. Allow to cool slightly. Pour mixture into a blender and mix until texture is consistent.
7. Return blended mixture to pan and allow to warm up again.
8. Add in more pepper and salt to taste.
9. Serve with an artisan bread.
This recipe is brimming with Vitamin C, making it a great dish to serve to ward off those irksome winter sniffles. Try a sweet peach crisp for dessert!
I discovered this happy-go-lucky sign while zipping out for an afternoon latte. What a perfect way to punctuate a Friday. The imperfection of its lettering only makes it better in my opinion. Please have fun this weekend lovelies!